Dr. Jack Curtin : Owner / Veterinarian
- Education: University of Philippines 1982
- Past Experience: Dr. Curtin worked at Franklin Park Zoo for 14 years, he brings knowledge of various species to the practice
- Leisure Activities: Dr. Curtin has a ’63 split window Corvette, license plate “THEVET”
Dr. Lauren Whippen-Curtin : Co-owner/ Veterinarian
- Education: Ross University 2002
- Past Experience: Dr. Lauren has been working at Abington Animal Hospital since its opening, she began as a technician and later became Veterinarian and Co-owner
- Leisure Activities: When Dr. Lauren isn’t running around after her 4 children and husband, she enjoys dressage with her favorite Friesian, Hannah (pictured above)
Dr. Mellissa Geldmacher : Veterinarian
- Education: Ohio State 2000
- Special areas of interest and expertise: Acupuncture Certified and Dentistry
- Leisure Activities: Dr. Mellissa enjoys traveling (recently visited Peru, pictured above), quilting, and hiking with Merlin (a very handsome Havanese).
Dr. Marvelyn Motamed : Veterinarian
- Education: Tufts University 1997
- Experience: Dr. Motamed has been with the practice for 1 year. She previously worked in Shelter Medicine.
- Leisure Activities: Dr. Motamed enjoys spending time with her husband, 2 children, and her beloved Boobah (a sweet Pitbull that she adopted from her time in Shelter Medicine).
Dr. Vanessa Henry : Veterinarian
- Education: St. George’s University 2013
- Dr. Henry has been with the practice for 1 year. She is originally from upstate New York.
- Leisure Activities: Dr. Henry enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with her boyfriend and dog, Reese (an adorable beagle).
Diane : Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Education: Graduated from Becker with her CVT in 2007
- Diane had completed an internship at Abington Animal Hospital while completing her degree and joined our technician team shortly after graduation. She passed the National Veterinary Technician Certification Exam in July 2004.
- Leisure Activities: Diane enjoys spending time with her cowboy husband, beautiful daughter, and pets. She is the proud owner of a 1-eyed Chihuahua, many cats, and a Quarter Horse named Guiness. She has a talent for Civil War Reenactments, amongst her other veterinary technical abilities.
Dawn : Veterinary Technician
- Experience: Dawn has been with Abington Animal for 3 years. She previously worked at Lloyd Animal Hospital.
- Leisure Activities: Dawn enjoys spending time with her teenage son, listening and attending country music events. Dawn has recently added to her 4-legged family with the addition of a feisty new kitten, Adaline.
Courtni : Veterinary Technician
- Experience: Courtni has been a member of the team for 15 years
- Leisure Activities: Courtni is indeed a “crazy cat lady”. She enjoys spending time with her cats, 3 dogs, and watching the Patriots and Boston Red Sox. Courtni shows her artist side with her tattoos and her various nail designs.
Leanne : On Call Veterinary Technician
- Experience: Leanne will soon be retiring from Abington Animal Hospital after being with the practice for 14 years. She will remain part of our team as an on-call technician. We would like to extend a thankful heart to Leanne for her years of service and wish her the best in her next journey.
- Leisure Activities: Leanne enjoys goat farming, crafts, particularly basket-making, and spending time with her husband and farm animals.